Mobile Alabama

Robert Ratliff

Click here for recent news



Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Process
otherwise known as the Dream ACT

Learn More

Family Immigration & Visas| Business Visas | Deportation Defense| Personal Injury | Criminal Defense


Obtaining Visas for Spouses and Fiancés

Quotas and priority dates usually do not apply to spouses and fiancés of U.S. citizens who are seeking visas to enter the U.S. A spouse visa is referred to as a K-1, while a fiancé visa is a K-3. The waiting period to obtain the visa varies depending on your country of origin.

If your spouse is already in the U.S., they may apply for a visa without having to leave the country. Spouses and fiancés who have overstayed their visas are eligible for permanent residents even though their visas are no longer valid.

What if My Spouse Entered Illegally?

If your spouse came to the U.S. illegally, they may not be able to obtain a visa or legal status even if you have children. Please contact us for more information on this process.



The Family Immigration Process

The first step in immigrating to the U.S. is getting a visa to enter the country. Then, you will want to obtain a green card, which allows you to reside in the U.S. permanently. After you get a green card, you can apply for U.S. citizenship.

The Ratliff Legal Group can assist you with the immigration process. We will help you fill out the necessary forms, and make sure you understand these forms. We will also help you prepare for interviews by explaining what to expect and how you should answer questions


If you wish to have your children join you in the U.S., you must obtain a children's visa for them. Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens have first preference for obtaining permanent U.S. residence, and married children of U.S. citizens also have priority preference. Any child born in the U.S. is automatically a citizen, with some limited exceptions.

In addition to helping people obtain visas, The Ratliff Legal Group also facilitates foreign adoptions.



Robert Ratliff Speaks About

 "Alabama's New Immigration Law"

Watch Video Here



Supreme Court Opinion in
Dorsey v. United States







Mobile Alabama Office
713 Dauphin Street
Mobile Alabama 36602
Telephone 251-438-2250
Fax 251-438-6180
Foley Alabama
1315 Commercial Dr, Suite 103-B
Foley AL 36535